Dull pain in the hernia repair site that gets occasionally sharp and extends to thigh, testicles, penis. Help?

Hello I am a 29 yr old Male that had hernia repair several months ago. It was located in my lower abdomen . I still have dull but strong pain in the hurnia repair site that stays at all times and sometimes is very sharp and shoots to the inside of my thigh the side of my testicles and the side of my penis even sometimes up into my left side. I have been to the doctors several times since then and they just tell me that I need to build the muscles up. I have had one before and this does not seem normal to me. by the end of the day I hurt so bad that I cant do anything but lay in bed and try not to cry. I have to perform my pt and job for the army and at this time i have trouble with just my day to day and for pt it hurts to do anyting more than to just walk.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013