Dull pain in testicles during urination post sex. Self- healing or medical attention required?

I have been experiencing a dull pain during urination after sex, and for the first few days after sex for the past few weeks. My thoughts are that it might be a uti , but the dull pain in my testicles is slightly unnerving, however my internet research shows that men with similar issues have had the pain dissipate on its own after time.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have dull pain in your penis during urination after sex.
During sexual activities (erection and ejaculation) there is increased flow to all the genital organs and they remain congested for few hours after sex .Pain in testicle could be due to congestion of the testicles.If it is transient and goes away after some time you need not worry about it.
Ensure to drink more water.