Dull pain in lower back and right side, why? Why is stool stringy and rubbery?

I have been having a dull pain on and off in my right side and lower back, that was treated as a kidney infection one month ago. I noticed it has come back and a couple of weeks ago I had very severe stomach pains, diarrhea and vomiting . It was only for about a half hour and then I just felt week and nauseous for a couple of days. This morning the side and back pain is back (just a dull pain) and I noticed some stringy, rubbery like strings in my stool . I should also mention I have started eating vegetarian for a few months. Im not sure if all of these things are related or not
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012