Dull, brownish colored blood from subungal hematoma on the toenail, no pain. Treatment required?

I have a large (70% of my toenail) subugual hematoma that occurred a month ago. The first 2-3 days were very painful but after that I have experienced zero pain. I have not applied any type of treatment for it. Today I noticed that blood is oozing from under the tip of my toenail where the skin has come detached from the tip of my nail. My toenail seems well attached other than this small, 3mm, opening. The blood was not a bright red color. It was a duller, almost browned red. My question is, should I be concerned of the coloring of the blood? Do you recommend that I see a doctor for this subugual hematoma when I am not having any pain associated with it?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013