Dull ache in ilioinguinal area radiating to scrotum. Relief with injection. Permanent cure?

Hi My name is Chris and I have been suffering mild dull ache for 2 years in my ilioinguinal area as the result of a super high potency muscle stim machine that produced trauma to this area. The pain started first in my left testicle which led to a vericocele 1 year ago, then an embolization 3 months later. The pain starts out gradually everyday in the ilioinguinal area and slowly radiates downward into the left scrotum. I visited today with a Neurologist who advised against any surgery in that area because there are lots of other nerves, tissues, muscles, etc... but I am desperate for a long term solution. The 2 shots/injections at the pain clinic earlier this year worked for 4-5 months, the 2nd shot didn t work Because the pain doc said he probably just missed the correct location again. Are there any top surgeons in the US that are expects in nerve denervation that I could contact?? I am desperate and so sick of all of this. Chris, Charlotte, NC
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013