Due for cochlear implantation. History of temporal lobe epilepsy. Location and risks involved in cochlear implantation?

Querry re Cochlear implant . Is a cochlear implant positioned near the temporal lobe? Reason I am asking is I used to have temporal lobe epilepsy from 15 - 38yrs of age. Been 22 yrs free of seizures now &, my hearing loss has pogressed over these years & I am now a likely candidate for a cochlear implant . Can you please advise me what the risks might be - my epilepsy was due to a scar on the temporal lobe. Many thanks
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012