Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Dry swallowed small sized doxycycline pill, discomfort in esophagus. How to get relief?

My 20 yr. old daughter dry swallowed a small sized doxycycline pill last night and today she is having discomfort in her esophagus . She can swallow liquids and eat but it is uncomfortable. Are there certain foods/liquids that she should drink or eat to help this and even certain food/drinks to avoid? In other words what should she be doing and how worried should I be? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
DEAR SIR/MADAM

WHEN YOU DRY SWALLOW ANY TABLETS IT WILL CAUSE LOCAL IRRITATION AND INFLAMMATION OF THE FOOD PIPE. IT WILL COME TIMES CAUSE AUTOMATED SPAMS IN THE FOOD PIPE, LEADING TO ALL THESE SYMPTOMS

DOXYCYCLINE INGESTION MAY CAUSE
1. MILD NAUSEA WITH VOMITTING.
2. ABDOMINAL PAIN WITH BLOATING.

BETTER DRINK LOT OF COLD WATER IT WILL CORRECT THESE SYMPTOMS TO SOME EFFECTS.

THANKS
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
 

 

Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor