Dry spot on the penis after partner had mirena insertion. Not STD. Cause?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months. Two months ago I had mirena inserted. Since I have had the IUD inserted he has developed a dry spot on the shaft of his penis near the head. We stopped having sex for a few weeks and applied neosporin and it got better. We then had sex again and it reappeared. He says that he does feel the IUD during sex. I was recently tested for STD's and it came back clean. Could mirena be causing the dry spot?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013