Dry skin with dark complexion. Suggested to use melawash and photobloc. Flaky skin present. What to do?

Hello, i am 29 year old female. i have dull complexion and an uneven tone too. from the last two years i find sometime oily and sometime dry skin of my face so i am confused what to use for my skin. i find so much dark spots on my face also, so i consult to a doctor ( dermatologist ) he suggested me to use melawash on my face and photobloc cream once daily 1st week and twice after a week.. now its giving me a very ugly look, as flaky n dry skin around my eyes and mouth area.. what should i do? i also want to improve my complexion and want to get a fairer look.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012