Dry skin, spots on thighs, red patches on legs, bruising. Prescribed triamininolene cream. Will it help?

I started having dry skin with little dots on my thighs a few weeks ago. It was very itchy and I was scratching them. Then they have gotten larger into red patchy areas that are now extending down my legs and I have some of these itchy dots now on my arms. I have never been allergic to anything. I just got some medicine yesterday from the doctor over the phone and I noticed today that one of the areas is getting to look like a black and blue mark. I am concerned on this traveling and what it is. The medicine I have is called triamininolene .1% crean. Help
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012