Dry skin, mild rash on the abdomen, circular and long, no change in routine activities

I have a rash on my abdomen . I m not sure if rash is the right word, because there are two distinct parts to it: one is a quarter-sized circular patch, the other is a 3 long streak. Both are uniformly bright red with no bumps or scales. They are mildly itchy but not painful. I ve done nothing out of the ordinary (no new clothes, foods, detergents, soaps) so I don t think it s an allergy . I ve had it for 3 days now and, with the exception of the affected skin getting dry, it hasn t changed much. Any idea what it could be?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012