Dry scaly cracks on knuckles, happens due to sun exposure, no itching. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, I have this dry, scaly, and sometimes cracks on one, sometimes two knuckles. It comes and goes, but always appears on the same knuckle on my right index and middle finger s knuckle. It doesn t itch , but does get painful when it cracks. It s only isolated in those areas, and I don t have it anywhere else. I m not sure if there is a correlation, but, it seems to come when I am in the sun for a long periods of time, and then it takes awhile for it to go away with out any treatment. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of PHOTO DERMATITIS may be the cause for your sufferings.

possible causes include;

-drugs like sulphonamides,tetramycin,chlorpromazine diuretic,different hypotensive
and anti diabetic drugs
-foods like figs,buckwheat
-vit B coplex deficiency
-seborrheic diathesis
-liver disorders predispose to this condition.

treatment option;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints
consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having dermatitis on the part and precipitated in sunlight.
apply triple acting cream on the affected part.
If there is crack and infected, go for one short antibiotic medicine corse.
Keep local part moisturized.
Ok and take care.