Dry, red area over hand, middle finger, knuckles, used lotion, spreading to index, knuckles

Dear Doctor, I hadn t really noticed until someone asked me did I hurt my hand . It started with my left hand, middle finger knuckle. The skin on the knuckle is very dry, and dark reddish. It almost looks like a scab on that knuckle. I started putting more lotion on my hands. Now Im noticing my index finger is beginning to look a little darker around the knuckle too. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

If there is skin tightening along with darkening then there are chances of it being a condition can Scleroderma.

You may have to be examined by a dermatologist to ascertain the fact.

Do apply cream called Melanorm twice daily meanwhile.