Dry penis skin, white layer on foreskin, penis head. Possibility of infection?

I am around 43 years old. I was diabetic but now under control. Over the past few months, I have noticed that my penis skin has developed a dry texture. But most importantly, the rim of the penis foreskin , develops a white layer in the morning. Also it is difficult to pull the foreskin completely back. This has begun to happen everyday in the morning. I wash the white layer on the foreaskin and on the penis head (after peeling the foreskin back). Can please somebody explain to me the reasons and allay my fears that I have developed some infection?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012