Dry patchy skin on the shoulder getting bigger. Is it ringworm infection?

hello name is paul.since the last 2 weeks i noticed a dry patch of skin appearing on my shoulder it slowely progressed into big red outraised patch now about size of a 2 euro coin.and many more seem to be appearing all over my back and upper body rapidiy,itchy at times.i went to the chemist monday and they think it could be ringworm so they gave me daktarin thinking maybe its more than ringworm because so many of these spots are appearing quickley and growing.i can count easily 50+ spots now.would be greatfull if you could help.thank you,regards paul
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013