Dry patches on the lip, resurfaces on stopping use of lip balm, have eczema. Cause?

I keep getting dry patches on my bottom lip. Sometimes it s a small spot, sometimes the spots bigger but persistently in one spot in general. With hydrocortisone the spot dries and peels off completely then if I miss a few days of applying lip balm or if I take to licking my lips it returns. I have been known to fold my bottom lip in half by rubbing then together constantly as if putting on lipstick. I have eczema and my dermatologist didn t seem concerned. Just suggested I use a lip balm that protects from the sun and weather damage. Am I simply overthinking chapped lips?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012