Dry patch on the inner part of lip, feeling of roughness on the site on running the tongue, apparent on eating, no discoloration or pain. Treatment required?

Hi, I m a 33 year old healthy woman. I have a strange dryish feeling patch on my upper inner lip. The two sides of my upper lip don t feel symmetrical - when I run my tongue over the left side (where the dry patch is), it feels almost a little rough, like very fine-grade sandpaper. the right side feels normal and slick. Also, when I purse my lips , the right side still feels smooth and plump on the inside, but the left side, where the patch is, creases into sharp wrinkles . I notice it especially when I m eating - especially drier foods like cereals - which feel like they catch there. And the lip sometimes feels like it catches on my teeth on that side if they re dry. I first notices this about 3 weeks ago. I can t see any discoloration, and it s totally painless, just odd. Should I see a dentist? Or a dermatologist? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012