Dry patch of skin on chest, smaller dry patches on stomach, side. Treatment for removal?

I noticed about 2 months ago i had this dry/pink patch of skin on my chest its kinda of a random shape also is about 2 inches in length and 1 inch wide. then about 2 weeks ago i noticed a bunch of smaller dry patches that are a little pink but not as much as the one on my chest appear in random places on my stomach and side. they don t itch at all im just wondering why they wont go away, especially the big one on my chest that s has been there for almost 2 months
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
  Anonymous's Response
I have what sounds like the same thing, my dermatologist told he it was pityriasis rosea or Christmas tree rash. It starts with a 'herald patch', the large dry patch that is still present... Then a couple weeks later (or a couple days depending on the person) you will see a bunch of smaller pink dry patches that form sort of a Christmas tree shape, though mine looks like blobs. The Dr. said it was viral and it usually starts with a sore throat as a symptom in most people. The rash usually goes away in 6-8 weeks. Take antihistamines and keep the area moist to calm the itching (if it is itchy for you).