Dry, non-productive cough, dry scratchy throat. Bronchoscopy, gram stains, culture done. What does report mean?

I have had a cough for 14 months now. It is a dry, non-productive cough. It is not constant, but usually coughing every day. Sometimes coughing so bad, it makes chest hurt. Kind of feels like having a dry scratchy throat , but deap inside. Also vomited once from coughing. Often have that feeling when coughing, but manage not to vomit. Very bad if try to yell (like at granddaughter s soccer games) or when laughing. Have had hyperactive lungs type breathing tests, but lungs not responsive at all. Have also had a CT scan which did not show anything. I just had a bronchoscopy . The results in the bronchial wash said: Not enough sediment to get cell button but I don t know what that means. Also said that no malignant cells identified. Results of the Gram stains said: Rare PNMs, Rare Gram Positive Rods. Results of the culture said: 2+ Mixed respiratory flora. Do you have any ideas what is going on?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013