Dry mouth, salty taste. Taking synthroid. Dry eyes. Done hip replacement

My mouth has been driving me crazy for almost a year now. I have dry mouth with a very salty taste in my mouth. I do take synthroid . Someone told me that they had a similar problem and the doctor switched them from synthroid to the armour type and it went away. I also experience periods of dry eye where I have to use drops. During this time, I have also found out from a trip to the dentist that I have 12 cavities, this is unusual for me. I don t think I ve had 12 cavities all my life.. It seems that my arthritis is getting worse also. I have had a hip replaced, a knee , and now need a shoulder . When I wake, the skin hurts on my joints, as if I was sleeping on sandpaper. Also, my face in the morning feels tingly and numb at times. I have so many things wrong with me that I m ready to give up. I am 60 years old and the problems did start about a year after I started smoking after stoping for 25 years. Thanks for any help.....I wonder about sjorn (?sp)
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013