Dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, headache, salty taste in mouth. Reasons?

Hi i recently on sunday felt dry mouth and difficulty swallowing on the left side. Going to get blood work done tomorrow morning and see a doctor. But i ve had a nagging headache like 5 out of 10 since tuesday which started on left side of my head and now has reached my forehead . I ve had a weird salty taste in my mouth since this started which seems like blood. Just curious about what could be the reasons and if i should at all go to er right away?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012