Dry mouth and throat, sensitive and sore later in the day, burps a lot. What is it?

Hi, for about 2 years now I have been experiencing very dry mouth and throat at times with the feeling of bits of nuts of something on the back of my tongue but there is nothing there. When I wake in the mornings usually my mouth feels normal but as the day goes on, my tongue and roof of mouth along beside by teeth get sore/sensitive and my mouth and throat gets dry. Some days are worse than others. I am 56 now - could it be a menopause thing or something else. I also want to burp alot - when mouth is sore and dry I feel a lump in the base of my throat and want to burp - burping eases the lump for a few seconds only.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013