Dry lips, tightness, applied Carmex, taken penicillin for strep throat. Related?

I am having a problem with my lips . I was sick last week and I went to the doctor when I thought I had strep throat . The doctor took a culture, but she gave me a shot of penicillin because it looked like strep. That same day (about 5 days ago) I had what felt like a tight spot on my upper right side of my lip. It felt as though it was dry or like a piece of tape was on it. I put chapstick on it and it did not go away. In fact the next day I noticed that the part of my lower lip touching it was feeling tight. I continued to put lip balm on it, but it did not get better. By the third day my lips felt like sand paper and I took a magnifying mirror and noticed there were raised tiny bumps on my lip. They were flesh colored and seemed a little bit darker pink than the rest of my lip. I got carmex and was putting that on it my lips feel softer, but now I can see red spots on my lips and my lips burn . My lip line itches and the rest of my lips burn. My husband said my lips feel hot to touch and he had kissed me when this first started and he is fine. I am not sure if it had to do with me getting strep throat and a cold or if it is from something else. I do not know what it is or what it might be.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012