Dry, itchy patches on palm. Some relief with medication. Healing places too smooth. Permanent cure?

I have several dry, itchy patches of skin on the palms of my hand . They will not go away completely. I ve had this off and on for several years. I use Aquaphor, Aveeno unscented lotions, and Lansinoh 8-15 times a day. I never get complete relief because the skin isn t just dry, it is taught and thickened, extremely fragile. It will crack if I miss even a day of excessive lotions. When one area starts to heal, the healing places are smooth, with no ridges for my palm print.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012