Dry heaving, rashes, ear ache, sore throat, cough. Is it viral?

Hi, I caught a viral bug six days ago, symptoms were flu like to start with but now I am suffering with repeated dry heaving / coughing which is causing a lot of pressure in my head. I have a sore throat and ear ache and now a rash has quickly developed around my neck and top of my chest. It is most severe in the evening and night and currently I am dry heaving and coughing constant, if I m lucky I maybe have 20 seconds rest before the next heave/cough. No paracetamol , cough mixture seems to touch it.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013