Dry eyes, joint swelling and pain, asymptomatic pain in eye movement. Lotemax. Help?

I am a 47 year old woman, who has been diagnosed with dry eyes and episcleritis for 5 months already. My eyes are diffusely pink when I wake up and become increasingly red at night, occasionally slightly painful on extreme eye movement but usually asymptomatic . It is affecting me more due to its cosmetic effect. The redness goes away with Loteprednol (Lotemax) drops 3x a day but would recur upon tapering . I stopped putting after 2 months due to worries of long-term consequences. At present, I am maintained on tears substitute as needed. I have been worked up for connective tissue diseases (auto-antibodies) which were negative. I do have some non-specific systemic symptoms like muscle and joint pains (without joint swelling) upon waking up in the morning; feeling thirsty when I wake up in the middle of the night; and I have been diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitis with strong Atopic history. I would like to know your thoughts about my case. Any suggestions with my management? Your opinion is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013