Dry cracked hoarse voice after chest infection, hasn't got better, 85 yrs old. What to do ?

hi my mother is 85 she had a chest infection a year ago when her voice became dry cracked and hoarse. she stopped smoking then. since then her voice is now very very bad. its agony to even listen to her. she has no pain. she wont go to the doctors and is convinced he will hospitalise her and she will die. what can I do for her thankyou AAAA
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
It is sad that your mother is sick and not willing to see a doctor.
One should never miss a potentially treatable condition - she must be seen
Smoking and age may suggest bad things - but small things like a polyp should not be missed -
She has to see a doctor. It is our duty to convince her and show to a doctor. Don't we take a child, even if the child refuses?
Of course, even if doctors see, there are instances when they may not be able to help at times.
But it is better to convince her and convince ourselves that the best has been done and nothing curable is missed
Wishing her speedy recovery
Good luck