Dry cough, spot on the chest, popping sound from the chest. Reason?

Yesterday, I had a dry cough . When coughing, I felt like my lungs were raw in a small spot just right of center of my chest . This morning when I woke up, I was still lying in bed & heard what sounded like fizzy sounds (pop rocks) in my right chest. Nothing hurt. I haven t felt bad, and the cough went away for the most part today--no fizzy sounds during the day either. Tonight as I am sitting & resting, the fizzy sounds are back. I still don t feel bad, no fever , etc. What can I do to make the fizzy sounds go away?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
These are not lung sounds. these are sounds from your eating pipe. Avoid lying down immediately after food and avoid effervescent foodstuffs, avoid carbonated drinks.