Dry cough, fluid in lung, no weight loss, no wheezing, no shortness of breath

My husband is 34 years old has always been healthy but once was once a smoker on and off since he was a teen. 2 months ago I finally got him to go see a doctor about a cough he had for 6 months or so. Just a dry cough not productive a productive one, also he was always clearing his throat like something was there. Doctor sent him for X-ray after seeing what she first described as a mass we got A ct done and was sent to a Pulmonolgist. While waiting to see lung doc she put him on Albuterol breathing treatments times 4 a day, Levaquin 750mg. Doctor told her looked like He had once inhaled something and got a fungus , they was quit a bit of fluid in right lung along with what he described as dead lymph nodes at the opening of airway He seemed much more concerned about fluid, he prescribed another round of Levaquin and inhalers along with a repeat ct scan . We went back yesterday he said there wasn t much improvement and fluid was still there. He is Scheduling my husband to have a lung scope run to collect samples for a biopsy then he will flush the lung out. My husband has had no symptoms other than the dry cough. He works hard, hasn t lost any weight, eats at least 3 times a day and works out. He has no wheezing or shortness of breath. We are worried sick. We have 5 children all together and I m a stay home mother to 3 of them. Please If you have any insight we would love to hear it. The waiting and not knowing is killing us.
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012