Dry cough, continuous coughing, throat red

i have dry cough since last 16 days, 3 times i have changed the medicines... but no i am finding no effect. its getting a little better but the cough is regaining its position again. actually when coughing starts it goes on continuously, its very difficult to stop then. my throat has also gone red.. please suggest me soon what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to health care magic,

If you have chronic cough which is not responsive to medication then you must consider these:
-make sure you do not frequently change medications every other day, take a good antibiotic course in consultation with your doctor and complete the course
-if you do not get better then consult an ENT doctor as soon as possible
-consider the possibility of reflux and start anti reflux medications in consultation with your doctor
-take voice rest and do not strain
If you do not get better then take a complete blood count with ESR, throat swab with culture and sensitivity and chest X ray and get back to me or any ENT with the reports

get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan