Dry cough, cold. Taking amoxycillin and respinil d syrup, no relief. Quit smoking. Withdrawal symptoms?

Dear doctor, I am suffering from dry cough since last month. My doctor advised me to take amoxycilin tablets with respinil d syrup . And the cold turned into bad cough. I am so scared of my health now and i am worried all these happening because of smoking. I am trying to quit smoking and now i stopped completely. After i quit smoking the cough is more. what shd i do now. what kind of medical test i shd undergo. pls help me.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012