Dry cough, blocked ears, nasal spray does not work. No allergies

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with an external psuedomona ear infection . The infection began with an ear ache and soon i started hacking up green phlegm each morning and started feeling fatigued and just an overall general feeling of sickness. The infection began after i swam at my local beach after heavy rain (the water was slightly dirty). This original infection started at the beginning of march but wasn t diagnosed as psuedomona bacteria until a swab was done around 2 weeks later (i was given kenacomb and vioform ear drops before an ear swab was done, both worked in easing the pain for about a week each before the ache came back). Finally i was given ciprofloxacin ear drops as well as oral antibiotics. I was on both of these for 2 weeks and i seemed to progressively get better and could start continuing with my daily life. It is important to note the green phlegm in the morning never went away while on antibiotics. However now have what i believe is Post nasal drip . I have to constantly hack out phlegm from the back of my throat constantly through out the day. It is dark green in the morning and progressively gets clearer through out the day. I went to my ENT and he gave me beconase and soframycin spray to use 2 twice a day for 1 month. I have been on this regime for 3 weeks, however i have seen no improvement in the phlegm produced through out the day. Finally last friday i went out for a friends birthday and had about 4-5 beers, i started drinking at 7 and by about 10 30 i started to have a coughing fit. I felt ill and came home. I now have a very dry cough which lodges phlegm out of my throat, it is very vigorous in the morning and i am producing about 5x more green phlegm. My ears also feel like they are blocked (sort of like the feeling when you take off on an airplane). I am also feeling worse then what i felt prior to friday night. I can t get to see my ENT for about 2 weeks and the cough has gotten somewhat worse over the past three days and my GP is a joke, I guess what i am asking is whether i have a sinus infection and need oral antibiotics as the nasal spray doesn t seem to be doing anything. I am a 20 year old male, prior to this i have had no sinus issues, no allergies, no previous medical history, i am incredibly fit and have an impeccable diet, i have had a number of blood tests and an allergy tests done and they are all fine and have been checked by a number of doctors i have spent most of the past 2 months at home sick and whilst i was making a steady recovery over the past 3 weeks, it seems like i have taken 5 steps back as i now have a bad dry cough to go along with my already abundant mucus production rate. I apologize for the long description but this whole sickness is killing me. Cliffs: Pseudomona infection in external ear at start of march Starting hacking up green phlegm Started feeling sick Was really sick for about 3 weeks before i was diagnosed with a pseudomona infection in ear Started getting better on cipro Post nasal drip - green phlegm in morning Post nasal drip hasn t got better for past 3 weeks went out 3 days ago had some beer and now i have a dry cough as well as way more green phlegm in the morning
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012