Dry cough and shortness of breath. Is it because of cefalexin ?

i had a sorethroat last june that progressed into a cold, but it disappeared, then on july i started coughing again (accompanied with runny nose) i saw a doctor and she only inspected my throat and asked me basic questions. she prescribed cefalexin and expectorant, coughing stopped for 2 weeks. 3 days ago I started having dry cough , i took some leftover cefalexin and expectorant but it made my condition worse on the second day.I had a fever i can feel my left lung aching. I can also hear a wheezing sound and had difficulty sleeping, and feels shortness of breath . I also took an antitussive tablet to stop the coughing but it didnt help. please advice. thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Aug 2011