Dry cough. Chest x-ray shows haziness in lower lung. Prescribed antibiotics. Lung infection?

Hi Doctor.For the last 20-25 days, I am having dry cough . No fever. I did the chest x-ray and it says Haziness found in right lower lung para-cardiac region. I did total Blood count test as well and found everything normal except Platelet count as 0000 and Lymphocyte as 3.07 thou/mm3 (ideal range written is 1-3). I went to a doctor and he has written some antibiotics. I am worried because I am a smoker. But I have promised myself that I will stop smoking from now. Can it be a sign of lung infection or Virul infection or Pneumonia? Kindly share. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012