Dry and rough face, redness under eyes and cheeks. What could be this?

I noticed one morning that my face was extremely dry and very rough. I had redness under my eyes as if I had been in the sun and patchy redness over the rest of my cheeks. It's located just on my cheek area. I have put my regular facial lotion on it but it hasn't helped. I put a stronger facial moisturizer on it and it burned really bad. I had to wash it off immediately. I haven't done anything different. It looks to me like a rash but other people say it just looks like dry skin. I know my body and this isn't right. I've had shingles before but it doesn't look that bad and I had tiny bumps with the last episode and I don't have that now. Should I go see my Dr. or is there something I else I can do to help this. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013