Dry and flaking skin between legs. No pain. Fungal infection?

Hi Doctor, I m black, 48 yrs old and for many years now I ve had this dry flaky skin between my legs. This is on both legs on the skin are which effectively rubs with my testicles. I have always thought that it is due to the rub. If I scratch the are, it peels even more. It doesn t hurt. It is just not nice to look at. Lotion does not help. The whole are is actually lighter in color than the rest of my legs. Is this some sort of fungal infection? If so, what should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012