Drup user, developed abscess, red, not feverish. Suggestions?

I m 28 years old- I m an iv drug user. I ve always used clean new needles but a few days ago I developed an abscess . I ve never had anything like this and I m so scared. I CAN T go to the hospital bc if my family found out, I d lose everything. I ve kept this a secret for a year, not a soul in the world knows. I m so ashamed. I ve been keeping heat on it and it helps. A white head formed and I was able to squeeze some puss out, and then after about an hour it closed up and I wasn t able to get anything else out of it. If I go to the er will they put me on iv antibiotics? I m asking this bc I don t have track marks (I m very good at hiding it) and I thought if I absolutely had to go- if they put an iv in they ll know for sure I m an iv drug user. Or will they just lance it with a little lidocaine and call it a day? I ve read some stories where people need to be admitted. That s not an option for me. The abscess is about 2 in raised and on my fore arm so it is sooo noticeable. It s red and sore. I have no red streaks and am not feverish. My lymph nodes under my arm pit on that same arm started to be sore last night. I ve been taking flagyl as directed also (I had it left over from something I never took it for). Can I lance it myself? There is no longer a white head.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013