Drug and alcohol abuse, injured in head, subdural hematoma, pink froth from month and died. Could that be because os head injury?

My ex-husband just passed away at the age of 38. He has a history of prescription drug and alcohol abuse, however the doctors report showed that he was clean at the time of death. He was hit in the head two weeks prior to his death and the doctor's report said there was a subdural hematoma. My question is...when his Mom found him he had a pink froth coming from his mouth which made me think of a prescription drug overdose. Could the pink froth be from the head injury? Also, could it have taken two weeks to die from the head injury?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013