Drug addict during teenage, veins have collapsed, switched to alcohol. What can be done about veins?

I was a Drug addict whole of my teenage years, and after 21 I switched to drinking alcohol which I haven t given up yet. I m 25 now. Almost all of my veins have collapsed during my drug use years, but I don t miss intravenous drugs anymore because I ve found a replacement in the form of alcohol, which I take more than 3 pegs everyday. I wish to give it up but I can t really spent a day without it. I m also so depressed about my collapsed veins, thinking I wouldn t be able to get any intravenous treatment, including receiving blood during emergency. Any Insights?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012