Dropped cast iron lid of 30 pounds on leg, fainted, walking with limp, cant bend toes, pain while walking

I dropped a 30-40lbs cast iron lid to a chimnea on the top of my foot (closer to leg than toes). Initially it was so painful that I fainted. I was able to walk but limped as to apply minimum pressure on it. Later in the evening it got to the point I couldnt bend my toes and throbbed when I stood up. I went to bed with it elevated and woke to find it less painful. I can walk with a very minimal limp and that is only because the pressure from my shoes on the top of my foot. If I try to walk more than 10 ft it because painful when stepping down. There is only slight bruising in my opinion considering the weight of the object. Is this something I should have checked?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012