Drooping eyelid after eye infection. How long should this last ?

Hello, My son is 4 years old. 11 days ago (Tuesday), I noticed his eye looked yellow in the white of his eyes and the same day he developed high temperatures and complained of feeling sick. His eye was irritated and he was rubbing it with his hands. It then turned red and had some discharge (not that much). His eye looked bloodshot under the lid. I heard that other children in his pre-school had eye infections during the same week. By Friday, he had worsened and I called the Doctor . By then the eye had began to swell. He prescribed an anti-biotic and said he had an eye and ear infection . The temperatures desisted within the following day or so. He is still taking the anti-biotic (finishes tomorrow) but his eyelid is still drooping. How long should this last and should we seek further medical advice? It is quite obvious when you look at him and I am quite worried about it.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011