Drooped eyelids. It was said as allergies, and he needs glasses. What is it?vivi

Hi my grandson woke up morning with both eyelids drooping, the next morning he woke up it was only one. This eye remained drooped for a week. Then it moved to opposite eyelid and has remained that way for about 0000 weeks now. His pediatrician said it was allergies but his opahtamologist said he needs glasses. Please help at my Witt's end.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Dear user,

The ophthalmologist is more likely correct. Presence of refractive errors can cause the eyes to squint or screw up when there is an object that is not seen correctly without such manoeuvres. Also, is there any ingestion of unusual substances or drugs by him? Please look into that also as a cause of his unusual symptom.

Dr. Taher