Drinking red bull to stay alert. Had blood in stools. Can drinking red bull lead to bloody stools?

Can drinking red bull be a cause for bloody stool? I have been drinking at least 1-2 red bulls a day for the past 2-3 weeks due to working 3rd shift and trying to stay alert. I have recently for the past several days had blood in my stool where it turns the water a slight pinkish red. Other than that, I am feeling fine, no pains, no fatigue , I am 25 years old, male, active and in healthy condition. Does this have anything to do with it or could it possibly be something else?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
  Anonymous's Response
I have had the same problem and am wondering if its the same reason. The last 2 weeks I have been drinking red bull every morning , as soon as I wake up, on an empty stomach , to maximise the energy boost and keep me going through the day. That worked ok , but a week ago I noticed blood in my stools and went to see my doctor . He said I should have bran and drink plenty water , which I do already. This week the blood in my stools has got worse and this morning when I had a red bull , I had instant stomach pain, which prompted me to do this search . As someone else has had this problem , I think I'm going to reduce my red bull intake and avoid it on an empty stomach & see how we go,