Drink lots of mountain dew. Burning feet, no redness or swelling. Related?

I drink a lot of Mountain Dew - usually 20 oz/day (once in a while 40 oz). Could my burning feet be related to that? The doctor is calling it unspecified neuropathy, because I do not have symptoms of diabetes and they don't know what's causing it. I've tried to correlate it to other things. It doesn't seem to be gluten, it doesn't seem to be my shoes, but it seems the more Mountain Dew I drink in a day the more my feet burn. I should add that there is no redness, swelling, or any other physical indication of reaction.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Welcome to HCM

The mountain dew is not supposed to cause any burning feet instead it can cause acidity problems or weight gain as it is readily cleared through urine. The burning feet seems more to be due to high uric acid levels therefore, it is recommended to have your uric acid levels check and if its high then it is recommended to reduce protein contents in you diet like meats, chicken, beans etc.