Drifting feeling in artificial light with relief on closing the eye, pain and tightness in the shoulder, elbow, normal test results. What could be the cause?

My mother-in-law has two issues: 1. In large areas with artifical light like a store...she sees white light from the ground moving up. She told me that she feels as if she was going to drift upwards. But once she closes her eye the light and sensation goes away. 2. She has pain in her left arm between the shoulder and elbow . Feels like blood pressure cuff is too tight. She has also been to a cardiologist and had several test done, which have come back normal. Are these two symptoms related or does she have two different issues? Do you have any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012