Dried mucus in nose. Used saline spray, left ear clogging. Taking prednisone. Treatment?

A little over 2 months ago my nose was constantly full of dried mucus so I bought simply saline and in the morning I sprayed my nose. Immediately, I felt as though my left ear clogged. I was put on z pack and mucinex but it seemed to have gotten worse. 7 days of prednisone did not help either. I feel like I have no more mucus in my nose any more.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
due to stopping of mucus discharge it went to middle ear

no steam
take tab metrogyl 20 mgm twice a day
tab allegra 120 mg daily
syp piriton 1/2 tsf night
applyneosporin h eye ointment in nose and ears
put sea waterin the form of drops two drops at night in each nostril
it takes 3 week to clear plug from middle ear