Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Drank at night, abdomen pain, nausea, vomiting. Had ondem, releived. Should i be concerned more?

Hi Doc, I m 36 year old male, occaisional drinker at max 250 ml... had a party last friday...drank...250+350 ml and then went out.. woke up in morning with vomiting , nausea , upper abdomen pain..could not eat or drink anything for whole day as I would vomit. So consulted friend and had a ondem 4 mg... took another one after 1 hour...and was able to drink water and eat little food...took another one in next should i eat the same for next 3 (2bd) days or any other medications . i feel better now.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms it appears that you have suffered from an alcohol-induced gastritis. This is the reason for the nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite.

Ondem (Ondansetron) is an anti-emetic medication. However, it is not advisable to keep taking multiple tablets in short intervals. I would advise you to take an antacid syrup and maybe an OTC anti-ulcer medication like Ranitidine or Omeprazole for symptomatic relief. Take a bland, non-oily, non-spicy diet for the next few days and drink lots of milk and curds / yoghurt. If your symptoms are persistent, don't hesitate to see a doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Since heavy alcohol consumption results in gastritis ( inflammation in the inner lining of stomach ) ,it results in nausea,vomiting and pain abdomen.
I would advise you to take some proton pump inhibitor like PANTOPROZOLE 40 mg daily in morning ,empty stomach ,for 5 to 7 days.It should give you much better results and help in healing of your inflamed gastric mucosa.
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor