Drainage of fluid in throat, dizziness, blocked ears, shivering, headaches, tender and swollen lymphnodes. Why?

I ve suddenly had a large drainage of fluid into the back of my throat with a metallic taste and I don t know whether to treat it as an emergency. I ve been having a metallic taste in my mouth for the last few days. I ve also been waking up feeling nauseous for about 2 weeks. I ve been experiencing headaches (which change character regularly), pain in my neck (muscles at the back) and throat. I ve been having a blocked feeling in my ears and dizziness which my doctor put down to labrynthitis a week ago, and the dizziness has subsided but ears are still blocked and have become increasingly more painful. I have tender, swollen lymph nodes (mostly one in particular on the right) that have been like this for over 3 weeks now. Just over 2 weeks ago I had a mild flu for just three days so my doctor thinks the viral infection moved on to infect my inner ear . He gave me cinnarizine and when I took I experienced what I think must have been a hot flush? (my face went bright red and very hot and I was shivering but have had no fever ). Please help, very concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013