Double vision, pain in the left eye, blue,purple colours and a black spot in the eye. Reason?

My mother has been having issues with her left eye. She had an exam which was normal. The next day, she had some eye pain and then developed double vision in one eye. Her opthalmologist would not see her but instead sent her to the ER. They performed a CT scan and found nothing. Ident her to another opthalmologist who thought the problem was related to high blood pressure , but he was not sure. He said her eyes were healthy. She is unable to see clearly with the left eye. I suggested that she cover the lens of her glasses over that eye, which seems to help a little. She recently developed some blue or purple colors in the eye, and then a black spot. That has gotten a little better. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012