Double vision, improper eye movements since meningioma removal. Will strabismus surgery help?

I had a Meningioma removed from over my left eye last June 5th: The vision in each of my eyes is 20/20 and 20/30. The eye that I had surgery on is not moving properly, and I have double vision. Now I am to have surgery to correct that. It is Strabismus Surgery. I am not scheduled until March 25th. I think that date is too far off: It is so frustrating not to be able to drive, get about the house, up and down steps, read, etc., as I am so active most of the time. I am a senior citizen. Please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013